Have an upcoming employment opportunity or information session? Career Services can send targeted email messages to students to help drive awareness.
About the Email Program
To create value for students and employers, certain limits have been put into place to ensure program effectiveness. Due to the high volume of requests — and to avoid overloading students with email — we must limit targeted emails to one per event/position. The following additional guidelines apply:
- No PDFs, pictures, or hyperlinks. Messages must be in a format that can be easily copied and pasted.
- Please plan ahead. We cannot send just-in-time or same-day emails.
- Limited to Career Services-affiliated programs. We cannot send emails regarding events arranged outside of the purview of Career Services.
Required Details to Create Your Email
Please include the information below in your targeted email:
- Name of organization
- Title of event/position
- Date, time, and location of event (if applicable)
- Three or four sentences describing:
- Your organization (what you do, where you are located, etc.)
- The event/position
- The type of candidates you are seeking
- Application procedures and deadlines. Please direct students to apply through TigerTracks when possible. Through TigerTracks, students can be redirected to your organization's website to complete further application procedures.
- Link to website
- Employer contact information
Target your email for effectiveness.
Please be sure to specify your targeted group. You may wish to target by:
- Grade level (freshmen, sophomore, junior, senior, master's candidate, or Ph.D. candidate)
- Industry preference
- Job function preference
Request a Targeted Email
Send your targeted email request with the name of your company/organization and the words “Targeted Email Request” in the subject line to email@example.com. Please remember your targeted email must be in a format that can be copied and pasted easily.