Employer Information Sessions
Employer information sessions are a great way to assess opportunities and network with employers. Serving up insight on topics ranging from open positions to organizational culture, they can also help you prepare for an upcoming interview. They're a powerful career-exploration opportunity, conveniently available right here throughout the year.
What to Expect
Often hosted by Princeton alumni, the sessions are typically an hour long and focus on a specific organization. Common topics include:
- Insight on organizational culture
- What the organization is seeking in new hires
- Recruiting-process details
- Information about open positions
Have your eye on a particular organization?
The insights gained here can prove very valuable down the road, from demonstrating your interest to gaining a valuable new contact.
- Sessions for Students with On-Campus Interviews: Some organizations host sessions for applicants scheduled for on-campus recruiting interviews.
- Open sessions: Other organizations open their sessions to all interested students, regardless of whether an interview is scheduled.
Search Upcoming Events
- CareerNews: This is sent to the entire undergraduate class weekly during the academic year.
- Handshake: Upcoming events, including employer information sessions, can be found on the homepage when you log in. For a more detailed search, use the “Calendar” tab.
Please note that Princeton University is committed to diversity, equity and inclusivity in all hiring and employment practices. All employment professionals wishing to recruit on-campus or post positions are required to work within a framework of professionally accepted recruiting, interviewing and selection techniques and guidelines. This includes the recruiting and offer policies set forth by The Office of Career Services, the Nondiscrimination Policy of Princeton University, the NACE Principles for Professional Practice(link is external) and the United States Department of Labor FLSA Guidelines (as it relates to paid vs. unpaid internships). If you have a concern about an interaction you have had with an employer, please contact Olga Hancock, senior associate director of employer & alumni engagement & outreach at email@example.com.