Volunteer & Development
International volunteer and development organizations can provide a direct conduit to opportunity. Search the resources here for possibilities that cross a diverse range of countries and project-types.
- DevNetJobs: International development and consultancies offer listings on this site, geared largely toward graduate students and alumni. Although some listings are available online and via email, membership is required to gain access to the complete listings.
- Universal Giving: Partners with several organizations for volunteer opportunities in locations around the world.
- OneWorld: Access jobs and volunteer opportunities in human rights, environment and sustainable development.
- Peace Corps: Aims to help the people of interested countries in meeting their need for trained men and women; promote a better understanding of Americans on the part of the peoples served; and promote a better understanding of other peoples.
- World Vision: A worldwide Christian partnership offering paid and unpaid opportunities for relief and development projects.
- Cross-Cultural Solutions: Operates international Intern Abroad programs in 10 countries with start dates year-round. Programs range from 2-12 weeks, and may focus on health, education or social services. (Fee-based.)
- CCI Greenheart: Find language study, volunteer projects and internships in over 20 countries around the world. Programs run all year round, and the majority of experiences focus on the homestay experience. (Fee-based.)