The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- AdPulp: An advertising blog focused on advertising, branding, media and marketing.
- Advertising Age: The source for news in the advertising industry; job postings.
- AdWeek: Leading source of news for marketing, media and advertising professionals.
- Brand Channel: The latest news about branding and advertising campaigns, research and trends.
- MediaBistro: Jobs, news, education, events and research for the media industry.
- TalentZoo: Job board for full-time jobs and internships.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Ad Council: Private nonprofit organization that partners with nonprofits and Federal agencies to create public-service advertising.
- Advertising Club of New York: Internship program; scholarships for college students.
- Advertising Educational Foundation: Career advice and perspectives from industry professionals and resources for exploring careers.
- Advertising Women of New York: Open to both men and women, this membership organization offers a career conference and job bank.
- American Advertising Federation: The Education section offers career resources, fairs and other college student information.
- American Association of Advertising Agencies: National trade association representing the advertising agency business in the U.S. The Career Center offers job descriptions of all agency positions.
- International Advertisers Association: Provides perspective on international marketing communications strategies and practices.
- New York Women in Communications: Organization for women in communications which sponsors scholarships, conferences and career information, including job and internship postings.
- The Ad Club (New England): Offers professional development (classes) and internship and full-time postings for New England advertising firms.
- The Association for Women in Communications: Job board, applications for a mentor and college student chapters.