Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical
The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- AccessExcellence: Career information and interviews with professionals in biotechnology.
- Biohealthmatics.com: Searches over 150 job sites to pull together listings in biotech and bioinformatics. It also provides company profiles, a knowledge center and articles.
- Biomedical Engineer.com: Search opportunities by keyword and employer.
- BioPharmaLink: Lists of organizations by organizational type and product/technology type.
- BioSpace.com: A source of daily biotech and pharmaceutical news, company profiles, jobs, biotech jobs listings.
- Drug Information Association: Lists industry internships and clinical-development jobs.
- hireBio: Offers pharmaceutical and biotechnology career information, job postings, industry news and research.
- hireRx: Lists opportunities by region and specialty.
- LifeSciencesWorld: International links covering the fields of biotechnologies including the latest biotechnology news and job vacancies. Information is provided on free biotechnology publications and upcoming events and conferences.
- MedZilla: Listings in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, health care and science.
- New Scientist: Features some of the latest science hot topics as well as a job and careers section.
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturers of America (PhRMA): Members are approximately 100 U.S. companies that have a primary commitment to pharmaceutical research. Check employment listings. Good source of information on industry statistics, policies, developments and players.
- Science Magazine: Features jobs, employer profiles and links, and other resources such as the salary calculator.
- WetFeet.com: Guide to Careers in Biotech and Pharmaceuticals.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed): Provides professional development, education, advocacy and publications. The job board is fee-based.
- American Inst. for Medical & Biological Engineering (AIMBE): Founded to establish a clear and comprehensive identity for the field of medical and biological engineering.
- Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO): Professional development, news and updates, plus downloadable guides to biotech careers useful to entry-level job seekers.
- International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations (IFPMA): Represents the research-based pharmaceutical, biotech and vaccine sectors.
- Institute of Biological Engineering (IBE): Provides industry news and career resources among others and also coordinates student chapters.
- National Science Foundation (NSF): An independent federal agency created "to promote the progress of science; to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare; to secure the national defense…"