The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- AllArtSchools.com: Learn about different careers in the fashion industry.
- Fashion Career Expo: A leading career center servicing the fashion, retail, beauty, accessories and home design industries. This website allows you to submit your resume, register for job fairs, search and apply to jobs.
- Fashion Net: A portal for news and resources about fashion.
- Fibre2Fashion: A job portal geared to the textile, garment and fashion industry.
- Style Careers: The largest fashion-only job site.
- The Art Career Project: A website with education resources on careers in art, including fashion.
- Women’s Wear Daily Careers: A self-service online career center.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Apparel & Footwear Association: A clearing house of information for the U.S. apparel and footwear industry, as well as consumers.
- Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA): A not-for-profit trade association whose membership consists of more than 400 of America’s foremost womenswear, menswear, jewelry and accessory designers.
- National Association of Schools of Art & Design: An organization of schools, colleges and universities that provides information to potential students and parents, along with professional development and policy analysis.