International Affairs / NGOs
The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Devex: most popular international development website.
- DevNetJobs: International development and consultancies offer listings on this site, membership is required to gain access to the complete listings available.
- Foreign Policy Association (FPA): Nonprofit organization that seeks to educate the public about foreign policy.
- International Association of Students in Economics and Commerce (AIESEC): A university-based, worldwide internship program for student members interested in international business and management.
- National Institute for Research Advancement: NIRA's World Directory of Think Tanks, indexed by name or by country of origin.
- NGO Worldline: A place on the Web for and about the international community of non-governmental organizations (organized by country and region).
- OneWorld Jobs: The latest ethical jobs and volunteer positions working in development, climate change, human rights and social justice around the world.
- ReliefWeb: United Nations website providing information to humanitarian relief organizations. Also a director of non-governmental organizations.
- United Nations: Internships (for graduate students) and job openings in the United Nations are listed.
- USAID: Provides economic, development and humanitarian assistance around the world in support of the foreign policy goals of the United States.
- U.S. Department of State: The site provides information about the department's mission, objectives and current international topics and issues.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR): Seeks to enhance the practice and public understanding of conflict resolution
- International Peace Research Association (IPRA): A network of scholars, practitioners and decision-makers from all continents.
- United Nation Association of National Capital Area: A nonprofit, membership-based organization that works with foreign policy and political decision makers, schools of all levels and other organizations to build knowledge, understanding, informed opinion and new ideas on the United Nations, its specialized agencies and its relationship with the United States.
- United Nation Association of the United States of America: Dedicated to inform, inspire and mobilize the American people to support the ideals and vital work of the United Nations.