The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Cyborjournalist.net: News and resource site for digital media.
- Dow Jones News Fund: Offers a highly competitive summer internship program.
- Ed2010: Multi-chapter organization of young magazine editors and those who want to learn about the industry through blogs, postings and networking events.
- I Want Media: Provides email newsletter and Twitter feed that gives media news and resources and is updated daily.
- JournalismJobs.com: Job board for newspapers, magazines, publishing, online media, television, radio, PR, media relations, nonprofit/ academic/ government, technology news jobs, sales and marketing.
- Journalism.org (Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism): Research organization that offers resources, job links for journalists.
- Mediabistro: Jobs, news, education, events and research for the media industry.
- The National Press Club: Private social and business club that supports profession and offers student membership.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Society of News Editors: Provides social media tips, job-hunting tools, industry news and an annual convention.
- Asian American Journalists Association: Offers training program for college students, internship grants and other resources.
- Magazine Publishers of America: Find internships by location or function.
- National Association of Black Journalists: Coordinates annual convention and career fair with student scholarships, internships.
- National Association of Hispanic Journalists: Dedicated to news industry, offering scholarships and resources for journalism students.
- Newspaper Association of America: Features news releases, trends and research and job and internship board.
- New York Women in Communications: A professional association with internship, scholarship and career information for women preparing for communications careers.
- Society of Professional Journalists: Offers student membership, annual convention, internships and fellowships.
- The Association of LBGT Journalists: Organization of journalists, media professionals, educators and students.