The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- American Marketing Association: Career resource center with job board, advice and guidance, and social media connections.
- Association of Exhibit & Event Professionals: Positions in marketing and market research.
- Careers in Marketing: Provides information about the field as well as job listing sites and recommended books.
- MarketingHire.com: Provides career news as well as job listings.
- Marketing jobs.com: Lists sales and marketing jobs nationwide.
- Vault.com: Includes an overview of the Marketing Manager position.
- WetFeet: On the Career Services website, this site has a great overview of marketing careers including information about salaries and job outlook.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Marketing Association: The largest marketing association, this website has a job board, workshops, and career information.
- Association for Consumer Research: Organization with mission to advance consumer research and facilitate the exchange of scholarly information among members of academia, industry and government worldwide.
- Business Marketing Association: Within the field of marketing, this association connects members with the kind of knowledge, people and programs that make achieving their companies' objectives more efficient and effective.
- Direct Marketing Association: Organization for data-driven marketers.
- Marketing Research Association: Provides certification as well as up-to-date field information and a student membership option.
- The Association for Women in Communications: Resource with job board, mentoring network, and college student chapters.