The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- ASAE/Center for Association Leadership: Learning, knowledge and future-oriented research for the association and nonprofit profession.
- Carter Center: International relations internships to work on issues related to peace, health, and human rights.
- Change.org: Web's leading platform for social change, empowering anyone, anywhere to start petitions that make a difference.
- Corporation for National & Community Service: Largest grantmaker for service and volunteering.
- Commongood Careers: A nonprofit executive search firm supporting the hiring needs of the nation's leading nonprofits and social innovators.
- Council of Foundations Job Board: A nonprofit membership association of grantmaking foundations and corporations.
- Deep Sweep: Job board for positions in nonprofit organizations.
- Dot.Org.Jobs: An employment resource for the nonprofit world, featuring job openings at foundations and nonprofit organizations.
- GuideStar: Provides information that advances transparency, enables users to make better decisions and encourages charitable giving.
- Idealist.org: The world's best place to find volunteer opportunities, nonprofit jobs, internships, fellowships and organizations.
- Next Billion: Connects business leaders, social entrepreneurs, NGOs, policy makers and academics.
- Nonprofit Connect: Links the nonprofit community to education, resources and networking.
- Nonprofit Times: Where thousands of nonprofit jobs, tips, articles, white papers and more are updated daily.
- Nonprofit Leadership Alliance: Offers the only national nonprofit management leadership credential developed with, and recognized by, the nonprofit sector.
- Opportunity Knocks: A national online job board, HR resource and career development destination.
- Orion Grassroots Network: Internships, jobs, apprenticeships and AmeriCorps opportunities with grassroots organizations.
- Peace Corps: One of the world's most successful and respected development organizations.
- ProAssociationsCareers.org: A comprehensive aggregate for current and relevant association job listings.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy: A news source for charity leaders, fundraisers, grantmakers and others.
- The Foundation Center/Philanthropy News Digest: A comprehensive resource for researching careers in Philanthropy.
- Volunteers For Peace (VFP): Short-term international voluntary service programs in 70 countries.
- Volunteer Match: Thousands of voluntary opportunities online.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP): AFP organizes conferences and other professional development activities. The website also offers job center and resource center.
- Council on Foundations (COF): Nonprofit membership association of grantmaking foundations and corporations, with a mission to promote responsible and effective philanthropy.
- National Council on Nonprofits: The network of state and regional nonprofit associations helping small and midsize nonprofits manage and lead more effectively.
- Nonprofit Leadership Alliance: Exists to strengthen the leadership of the social sector and to sustain the ability of nonprofits to fulfill their missions with a talented and prepared workforce. Partners with colleges and universities to prepare, certify and connect young people to careers with nonprofit partners.
- Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN): Engages and supports future nonprofit and community leaders through professional development, networking and social opportunities. Find your local chapter.