The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Princeton University’s Health Professions Advising Office: This is the main resource that students should consult for information about health professions, as well for preparing for these careers and involvement in the health care community. (Medicine; Dental Medicine; Veterinary Medicine; Complementary, Naturopathic & Alternative Medicine; Genetics Counseling; Bioethics; Public Health, biomedical research, and others)
- Princeton AlumniCorps: Designed to build civic leadership among alumni by providing opportunities to engage in public service initiatives, including Princeton 55 Fellowships.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Learn about employment options, training and educational opportunities.
- Department of Health and Human Services: The government's principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans.
- Explore Health Careers: Resource pages for a variety of health professions, with comprehensive details on public health.
- Food and Drug Administration: The site lists FDA jobs and internships.
- Idealist: This site includes job postings, internships and volunteer opportunities at nonprofits.
- National Institutes of Health: Information on the individual organizations that make up the NIH as well as career opportunities.
- Public Health Jobs.com: Job posting resource from the Association of Schools of Public Health (ASPH) Employment Council.
- Public Health Jobs.net: Hundreds of positions in public health are listed.
- Public Health Jobs Worldwide: Job posting resource with international public health opportunities.
- U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corp: Offers a Commissioned Corps Officer Student Training and Extern Program (COSTEP) for junior or senior full-time students to serve on the frontlines of public health while completing a baccalaureate or masters degree.
- What is Public Health?: Learn about the impacts of public health, find career options and explore career resources.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Public Health Association: Oldest association for public health professionals, with an aim to help protect communities from preventable health threats.
- Children's Environmental Health Network: A mission to promote children's health and protect children from environmental health hazards.
- National Environmental Health Association: Focused on advocacy, it publishes a peer-reviewed journal and includes job postings.
- Public Health Management Corporation: Partners with government, foundations, businesses and community organizations to build healthier communities.
- Public Health Foundation: Focused on helping health organizations effectively use information to manage and improve performance, understand and use data and strengthen its workforce.
- Society for Public Health Education: A mission to promote healthy behavior, communities and environments through its membership and partnership with other organizations.
- World Health Organization: Global organization responsible for providing leadership on health issues, shaping health research focus, creating standards and policy options and monitoring trends.