The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Mediabistro: Jobs, news, education, events and research for the media industry.
- O’Dwyers: News, rankings of PR firms, blogs, job postings and a monthly magazine.
- Opportunities in Public Affairs: Job and internship opportunities in government and nonprofits in DC and nationwide.
- PR News: Conferences, webinars, job postings and current news about PR.
- PRWeek U.S.: News, career center, blogs, case studies and salary surveys.
- PRWeek.com: Weekly newsletter with global news, company ratings, job postings, best places to work survey and other information.
- TalentZoo.com: Job board for full-time positions and internships.
- The Institute for Public Relations: Independent nonprofit dedicated to the science behind public relations, with a strong research focus.
- U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics: Overview of PR work and labor projections.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Council of Public Relations Firms: News, job postings and resources including case studies.
- Entertainment Publicists Professional Society: Organization for entertainment publicity and marketing professionals with extensive links to resources.
- International Association of Business Communicators: Has student section with career information, student chapters and career resources.
- International Public Relations Association: Students, academic and professional membership with case studies, events and speaker lists.
- National Black Public Relations Society: Advocate for black professionals in PR, media relations and other communications positions, with student membership and annual conference.
- New York Women in Communications: Supports women in all areas of communication with career site, internships and advice.
- PR Newswire: Provider of marketing and communications news releases across multimedia platforms.
- Public Affairs Council: Membership association for public-affairs professionals in communications.
- Public Relations Society of America: Largest professional association of PR professionals, with career resources, job board, news and events.
- Public Relations Student Society of America: Student chapters, career advice, internships and entry-level job listings.
- The Association for Women in Communications: Job board, mentorship and college chapters.
- The Corporate Social Responsibility Newswire: Distributes press releases to CSR and sustainability professionals across industries.
- The Holmes Report: Provides competitive insight and intelligence to the PR industry.
- The Publicity Club of New York: Professional organization for PR, communications, conferences, news and job listings.