The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- American Planning Association (APA): Provides resources for students interested in pursuing a career in real estate and community planning.
- Careers in Finance: Overview page on the real estate industries, required skills trends and job outlook.
- City Limits: Website with job postings in housing, urban planning and development.
- GlobeSt.com: Leading real estate job posting site with resources for job seekers, including articles on salary, real estate trends and insider perspectives.
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Managers: Career resources page with links to career tips, industry trends and weekly insider tips.
- National Association of Realtors: This resource page includes an overview of types of real estate positions and how to get into the field.
- Realtor Magazine: Magazine of the National Association of Realtors (NAR), this resource provides industry updates, trends and tips for realtors.
- Select Leaders: Explore jobs, post your resume, sign up for job alerts and get real-estate industry insight.
- Wall Street Journal: Real estate page with industry trends, news and properties.
- Wetfeet: Industry overview about the real estate industry, including types of real estate and trends.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Real Estate Society (ARES): Made up of real estate thought leaders from industry and academia.
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW): Created to help women advance in commercial real estate in North America.
- Institute of Real Estate Management: International organization involved in setting standards for real estate management. Site includes a job board.
- National Association of Realtors (NAR): Represents 1 million members involved in all aspects of residential and commercial real estate.
- Real Estate Research Institute (RERI): Dedicated to supporting research on real estate investment performance and decision-making.
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR): Global association with members from industrial and office real-estate organizations.