Retail & Merchandising
The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- 24seven: Specialized leader in connecting the best talent with exciting, creatively driven organizations all over the globe.
- Fashion Net: Offers full time, internships and freelance positions.
- National Retail Federation (NRF): Job board listing buying, merchandising and planning positions within the retail industry.
- Style Careers: Largest fashion only job listing online.
- Women's Wear Daily (WWD): Breaking news, comprehensive business coverage and trends in the worlds of fashion, beauty and retail, with internship and full-time job board.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA): Represents apparel, footwear and other sewn products companies and their suppliers.
- National Retail Federation (NRF): Represents retailers of all types and sizes, including chain restaurants and industry partners, worldwide.
- National Association of Retail Buyers (NARB): Independent, nonprofit dedicated to strengthening and developing careers, and/or education of its members.
- The Fashion Group International (FGI): Global, nonprofit professional organization in the fashion industry including apparel, accessories, beauty and home.