The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund: Foundation dedicated to advancing biomedical sciences through research support and educational activities.
- Career Cornerstone Center: A resource for opportunities in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, computing and health care.
- Following the Non-Academic Career Track
- myIDP: Career-planning tool created to help graduate students and postdocs in the sciences define and pursue their career goals.
- Naturejobs: Job database from the journal Nature
- Pathways to Science: Supports pathways to the STEM fields, as well as events and news items from STEM programs across the country.
- Preparing for the Non-Academic Interview
- Science Careers Job Seeker: Job database sponsored by Science magazine and the AAAS.
- Science Magazine: Features jobs, employer profiles and links, and other resources such as the salary calculator.
- Switching Sides: A look beyond the academic job market.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Association for Women in Science: Careers, events and more for women in the field.
- National Academy of Sciences: Includes fellowships, postdoc options and more.
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals
- National Postdoctoral Association: Provides information and opportunities for postdoc scholars.
- Women in Technology International: Includes a career development center.