Social & Human Services
The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- AMTA Music Therapy Education Programs: The Colleges and Universities listed on this site offer degree programs approved by the American Music Therapy Association, Inc.
- ADTA Dance Therapy Education Programs: Approved graduate degree programs in dance/movement therapy.
- AppliedSoc.org: Information about sociology programs and careers and their application.
- Child Welfare League of America: A coalition of hundreds of private and public agencies serving vulnerable children.
- Human Services Career Network: Opportunities in human service, social service and nonprofit professions.
- Idealist: General search for internships and jobs related to social and human services.
- iHireSocialServices: Variety of social-service positions nationwide.
- Public Service Careers: Job board and career information from three prominent groups in professional public service careers and education: NASPAA, ASPA & APPAM.
- Social Service: Full- and part-time positions as well as internships for those interested in counseling, case management, social work and other mental health areas.
- The Social Work Career Center: Information about social work through NASW professional organization.
- United Way of America: More than 1,000 organizations that focus on education, income and health, addressing key issues related to youth.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: The government's principal agency for protecting the welfare of children and families.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Association for Pastoral Counselors: Occupational information and job listings regarding pastoral counseling.
- American Counseling Association (ACA): Dedicated to supporting counselors and counselors-in-training with professional development, job search and networking.
- American Psychological Association: Educational, career and salary data for psychologists.
- American Therapeutic Recreation Association: The largest national membership organization representing the interests and needs of recreational therapists.
- Clinical Social Work Association (CSWA): Offers clinics, legislative advocacy and alerts about best practices.
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW): Works to create and maintain professional standards, help professionals grow in the field and advance social policies.
- National Organization for Human Services: Manages a certification process and strengthens the role of human services professionals. They hold conferences and offer job listings.
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM): Developing news about HR issues, challenges and policies as well as information about education, certification and positions in the field.
- The Case Management Society of America (CMSA): The leading association providing collaboration to foster case management growth and development.