Nonprofit and Philanthropic Virtual Meetup
Interested in getting involved in nonprofit or philanthropy work but don't know where to start? Join this online chat event to ask questions and get advice from some alumni working in these fields -- all online, from any device.
Participating alumni include:
• Shaina Watrous '14, Law student, NYU Law School
• Aunna Wilson '12, Founder, Pasand
• Michael Scharff '08, Innovative team content manager, Bloomberg Philanthropies
This event will be conducted through Brazen, an online platform. You can sign-in from your dorm room, eating club or anywhere there’s WiFi, and participate in one-on-one chats with alumni. Chats are text-based and timed, allowing you to quickly meet new people, gain insight about experiences and walk away with several new connections you didn’t have before.
Here are some ideas on how to get the conversation started:
• What inspired you to work for your current company/agency?
• What has been rewarding/challenging about this particular line of work?
• What recommendations do you have for someone interested in working for or with a nonprofit?
• Can I ask for your advice on ____?
• If you could do one thing differently in your career, what would it be?