What We Offer to Students
Recognizing the unique qualities that make Princeton an amazing place to learn, The Office of Career Services offers many programs and services for undergraduate and graduate students in your department. Our goal is help students learn the lifelong skills they will need to manage their careers.
From freshman year through graduate school, students make connections to their futures based on what they learn here. Throughout that process, our career advisers meet individually with students by appointment (and during daily walk-in hours) to discuss:
- Major/career exploration and decisions
- Internship and job search strategy
- Mock interview sessions
- Managing one's online profile and digital identity
- Resumes, CV's, cover letters
- Careers inside and outside of the academy
Graduate School Advising
When it comes time to plan for post-undergraduate education, our career advisers are available to assist undergraduates with:
- Program and school research
- Connections to graduate and professional schools at our fair and school presentations
- Personal statements
- CVs and resumes
- Career Education and networking opportunities
Throughout the year, Career Services hosts hundreds of career education programs and events that assist graduate and undergraduate students with the career-exploration process, including:
- Workshops and industry speakers/panels: Interviewing, business etiquette and graduate applications are just a few of the topics covered in our workshops. Our alumni guest speakers and panelists cover industry-specific advice and provide an insider's look into a wide range of potential career fields.
- Princeternship program: Princeternships allow students to explore careers by shadowing alumni in their workplaces during break periods.
- Student-alumni networking events: The value of the Princeton alumni network is reinforced as connections are made prior to graduation.
- Princeton in Washington: Students spending the summer in D.C. connect with alumni via an impressive roster of programming.
- Fairs and Meetups: Whether hosting these fairs on-campus or off, we connect students to hundreds of potential employers and internship and job opportunities.
Internship and Job Search Tools
The University affords students the opportunity to search and apply for employment opportunities via multiple avenues, including: