Getting Started with UCAN
UCAN is an internship-only site that is shared by 16 member schools, including Princeton. To use UCAN, you’ll need to register for a new account.
Register & Verify
- Register. Visit the login page and register using your Princeton email. This is a two-step process, so you will not be able to search immediately after you register.
- Verify. After you register, you will need to verify your email address using a link provided via an automated email message.
- Complete. After about one business day, you will receive another email that will direct you to create a password. Create your password and then log in to your account to begin searching.
Put UCAN to Work
Search for internships
- Search by keyword. Search by any number of criteria under the "Internships" tab. The easiest way to search is by using the “Keywords” function, which will search job title, description or employer name. For the best results, conduct multiple keyword searches using different keywords and industries.
- Use advanced options. Search by one or multiple locations.
- Seek specific employers. The “Employers” tab allows you to search by employer and save “Favorites.”
- Search agents. Use the “Search Agents” to pick up internships that meet your search criteria.
Upload resumes, cover letters and transcripts
- Share your documents. You can upload multiple resumes, cover letters, transcripts and Word documents to be used when applying for available positions. Go to the “Documents” tab and select “Add New.” Select the type of document and then click “Browse” to select your document.
- Upload your transcript. Scan it and save it as a PDF. You are welcome to use the scanner at Career Services.
Apply for internships.
A “How to Apply” box is on the right-hand side of each listing. You may be asked to email, fax or mail your application materials, or you may need to apply online via the organization's website. If you do not have any documents uploaded, you may not be able to see complete application instructions. Make sure you have at least a general resume uploaded.