The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- BeAnActuary.org: Very informative site sponsored by the Society of Actuaries and Casualty Actuarial Society offering useful career resources, salary data and other information about various career paths.
- Casualty Actuarial Society Job Center: Free job posting site sponsored by the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- Society of Actuaries Job Center: SOA Job Center includes a wide variety of levels and specializations with a diverse selection of industries.
- Vault Guide to Actuarial Careers: Learn about why actuaries are now found throughout corporate America, not just the Insurance industry, and how they help executives make intelligent and informed financial decisions. Career Services provides students with access to Vault Career Library free of charge.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS): Supports casualty actuaries who are committed to achieving their full professional potential while maintaining the highest standards of conduct and competence.
- Society of Actuaries (SOA): An educational, research and professional organization dedicated to serving the public and Society members.
- The American Academy of Actuaries: A D.C.-based, 17,000-member professional association whose mission is to serve the public and the U.S. actuarial profession.