The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Aero Industry Jobs: This site offers job listings, career event information, resources and industry news.
- Aviation Employment: Lists of jobs and companies are provided.
- Aviation Week: This site provides job listings, industry updates and more.
- Career Cornerstone Center: Comprehensive lists of employers by scientific discipline and career profiles of engineers currently in the field.
- Engineer Jobs - Aerospace Engineering: Job listing from the Engineer Jobs.com.
- Engineering Central: Lists engineering jobs, with a special page just for entry-level postings and job banks for each category of engineering.
- Engineer Info: Millions of jobs from thousands of websites including Monster, Careerbuilder, Hotjobs and Dice.
- NSF's REU Program: The National Science Foundation funds a large number of research opportunities for undergraduate students at various universities through its REU program.
- WISE: The Washington Internships for Students of Engineering program sends outstanding engineering students to spend ten weeks in D.C. to learn how government officials make decisions on technological issues.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Astronomical Society (AAS): The major organization of professional astronomers in North America. Includes physicists, mathematicians, geologists, engineers and others whose research interests lie within the broad spectrum of subjects now comprising contemporary astronomy.
- Aerospace Industries Association (AIA): Represents the nation's major aerospace and defense manufacturers.
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA): AIAA's mission is to advance the state of aerospace science, engineering and technological leadership. Their career section includes job postings, salary information and career advice.
- NAMEPA: A national network of educators and representatives from industry, government and nonprofit organizations who share a common commitment to improving the recruitment and retention of African Americans, Hispanics and American Indians earning degrees in engineering. NAMEPA offers scholarships, conferences and resources.
- National Science Foundation (NSF): An independent federal agency created by Congress in 1950 "to promote the progress of science; to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare; to secure the national defense…"
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE): One of the largest student-run organizations in the country. The website offers job database and resume posting service for members.
- Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE): Provides the global forum for information, education and professional fellowship for those who define the leading edge and application of materials and processes advancement.
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE): Provides professional development opportunities, promotes academic excellence and offers scholarships to current students.
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE): Empowers women to succeed and advance in engineering. The site includes resume posting service and job listings for members, as well as scholarship opportunities.
- Women in Aviation, International (WAI): A nonprofit organization dedicated to the encouragement and advancement of women in all aviation career fields and interests.