Archives / Libraries
The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- American Library Association: Job listings from the ALA.
- An overview of the archives profession: Article from the Society of American Archivists.
- Association of Research Libraries: Job postings in the U.S. and Canada.
- I Need a Library Job: Job postings, articles and success stories.
- Infonista: A blog about being an information entrepreneur.
- LibraryCareers.org: A website with overviews of careers in libraries, types of libraries and library schools.
- Literary Archivist: Article from Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Society of American Archivists: Job listings.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Library Association: The oldest and largest library association in the world, providing association information, news, events and advocacy resources for members, librarians and library users.
- Association of Research Libraries: A nonprofit organization of 125 research libraries at comprehensive, research-extensive institutions in the U.S. and Canada that share similar research missions, aspirations and achievements.
- Society of American Archivists: North America's oldest and largest national archival professional association.