The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Bioethicist's Work Bridges Fields: An article from the journal Science.
- Bioethics: Peer-reviewed research in bioethics topics.
- Bioethics Research Library at Georgetown University: An interdisciplinary collection centered on ethical issues related to health care, biomedical research, biotechnology and the environment.
- Bioethics.com: A global information source of bioethics news and issues.
- Bioethics.net: An up-to-the-minute national source of news, job postings and legislation.
- Breaking Bioethics (NBC): News and opinion on topics in the field.
- Columbia University Center for Bioethics: Links to job boards for bioethicists.
- Developing World Bioethics: A companion journal to Bioethics.
- Indeed bioethics jobs: Career opportunities in bioethics.
- Juju bioethics jobs: Career opportunities in bioethics.
- National Library of Medicine: Provides a search tool for bioethics journals and resources.
- Science Daily: Presents regular bioethics news.
- The Journal of Bioethical Inquiry: An interdisciplinary forum for ethical and legal debate.
- The Hastings Center: Presents Bioethics Wire, with jobs, news and more.
- The National Institute of Health: Web-based bioethics resources.
- The American Journal of Bioethics: Regular articles from the field.
- The Open Directory Project: Numerous bioethics resources.
- The Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues: A national advisory panel.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- AAAS: American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities: Promotes the exchange of ideas in the field.
- Asian Bioethics Association: Open to all who share the goals of developing cross-cultural and international bioethics.
- Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO): The world’s largest biotechnology trade association.
- NIEH (NIH): Provides educational, scholarly, and administrative support for research integrity at the NIEHP.
- The Hastings Center: A non-partisan bioethics research institution.
- The National Catholic Bioethics Center: Conducts research and promotes issues related to human dignity in bioethics.
- The National Human Genome Research Institute: Provides a range of online bioethics resources.
- The Neuroethics Society: An interdisciplinary group focused on the social, legal, ethical and policy implications of neuroscience.
- UNESCO: Focuses on the international implications of bioethics.
- World Health Organization: Examines complex topics in bioethics.