The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- InsideRadio.com: Offers industry news including market ratings, programming and radio stocks and radio job listings.
- International Radio and Television Society Foundation: Provides a summer fellowship program, career workshops, career day and other college student-focused initiatives.
- JournalismJobs.com: Job board for newspapers, magazines, publishing, online media, television, radio, PR, media relations, nonprofit/ academic/ government, technology news jobs, sales and marketing.
- JournalismNow.com: News, feature articles and job board for all experience levels across all media.
- Mediabistro: Jobs, news, education, events and research for the media industry.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Overview of careers for news analysts, correspondents and reporters.
- TVJobs.com: News, research, internships, scholarships and job board (fee-based).
- TVandRadioJobs.com: Job board for radio, TV, film and sports broadcasting.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Association of Public Television Stations: Focused on advocacy, planning, research and communications for noncommercial television and advanced digital services.
- Association for Women In Sports Media: Coordinates college chapters, scholarships and an annual convention.
- Broadcast Television Journalists Association: Partner organization to Broadcast Film Critics Association and includes TV, radio, and Internet journalists who cover TV.
- Natl. Association of Broadcast Employees & Technicians: Represents more than 700,000 workers in broadcasting and related industries. Includes a job board.
- Natl. Association of Broadcasters: Advocates on behalf of more than 8,300 free, local radio and television stations and also broadcast networks before Congress, the Federal Communications Commission and the Courts. The site offers a job board.
- Natl. Association of Television Program Executives: Holds annual conference with global, multiplatform focus.
- New York Women in Communications: Supports women in all areas of communication with career site, internships and advice.
- North American Broadcasters Association: Nonprofit association of broadcasting associations in U.S., Mexico, and Canada for the purpose of sharing best practices and information.
- Online News Association: Nonprofit membership organization for digital journalists with annual conference, job board.
- Radio Television Digital News Association: Professional organization serving the electronic news profession with career section featuring resources and job/internship listings.
- Society of Professional Journalists: Offers student membership, annual convention, internships and fellowships.
- The International Association of Women in Radio & Television: Offers regional conferences, newsletter, and workshops.