Civil & Environmental Engineering
The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Career Cornerstone Center: Offers comprehensive lists of employers by scientific discipline and career profiles of engineers currently in the field.
- Eco Jobs: Lists opportunities for a variety of environmental positions including environmental engineering.
- Engineers for a Sustainable World: A nonprofit organization, providing a variety of sustainability projects, job and internship resources and scholarships for its members.
- Environmental Engineer: A job list and a list by company.
- Engineering Central: Lists engineering jobs, with a special page just for entry-level postings and job banks for each category of engineering.
- Engineer Info: Millions of jobs from thousands of websites including Monster, Careerbuilder, Hotjobs and Dice.
- EngineeringJobs.com: Offers job databases, resume postings and professional societies.
- iCivil Engineer: Posts jobs in multiple engineering disciplines as well as articles on the civil-engineering field.
- NSF's REU Program: Funds a large number of research opportunities for undergraduate students at various universities through its REU program.
- WISE: Sends outstanding engineering students to spend 10 weeks in D.C. to learn how government officials make decisions on technological issues.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Academy of Environmental Engineers & Scientists: AAEES provides training, education, resources, scholarships and funding to environmental engineering and science professionals and students.
- American Society of Civil Engineers: ASCE develops leadership, advances technology, advocates lifelong learning and promotes the profession. The job board is for members only.
- NAMEPA: A national network of educators and representatives from industry, government and nonprofit organizations who share a common commitment to improving the recruitment and retention of African Americans, Hispanics and American Indians earning degrees in engineering. NAMEPA offers scholarships, conferences, and resources.
- National Science Foundation (NSF): An independent federal agency created by Congress in 1950 "to promote the progress of science; to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare; to secure the national defense…"
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE): One of the largest student-run organizations in the country. The website offers job database and resume-posting service for members.
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE): Provides professional development opportunities and offers scholarships to current students.
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE): Empowers women to succeed and advance in the field of engineering. The site includes resume posting service and job listings for members, as well as scholarship opportunities.