The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- 24seven: Specialized leader in connecting the best talent with exciting, creatively driven companies.
- Creative Hot List: A dedicated career resource for creative professionals in visual communications: post resumes, job-wanted listings and online portfolios.
- Coroflot: Career and community site hosting individual creative portfolios, a global design firm directory and a database of job and project openings.
- Game Jobs: Resources, information and job listings for the gaming industry.
- Style Careers: Largest fashion-only job listing online.
- Urban Design Jobs: Leading recruitment website for urban design professionals.
- Women's Wear Daily: Breaking news, comprehensive business coverage and trends in the worlds of fashion, beauty and retail as well as internship & full time job board.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA): The professional association for design, committed to advancing design as a craft, strategic advantage and vital cultural force.
- American Society of Furniture Designers (ASFD): Dedicated to excellence, innovation, education and originality in the practice of furniture design.
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID): An organization dedicated to interior design.
- Art Directors Guild: Comprised of art directors, graphic artists, illustrators, matte artists, set designers, scenic artists and title artists.
- Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA): Represents professionals in product design, interaction design, human factors, ergonomics, design research, design management, universal design and related fields.