The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Career Cornerstone Center: Comprehensive lists of employers by scientific discipline, which can be a good starting point in a job search, plus career profiles of engineers currently in the field.
- Computerjobs.com: Lists technical jobs by region or by skill area.
- Dice.com: Search for technical jobs in different levels and read career news.
- Electrical Engineer: Job listings for electrical engineers.
- Engineering Central: Engineering jobs, with a special page just for entry-level postings and job banks for each category of engineering.
- Engineer Info: Millions of jobs from thousands of websites including Monster, Careerbuilder, Hotjobs and Dice.
- EngineeringJobs.com: Job databases, resume postings and professional societies.
- Gamasutra: Search for jobs in the game industry with employers including Electronic Arts and Nintendo. Free registration.
- Greenlight Jobs: Technical jobs in gaming and entertainment. Free membership gets your application placed in their database.
- NSF's REU Program: The National Science Foundation funds a large number of research opportunities for undergraduate students at various universities through its REU program.
- Purdue University: Compiled by Math Department at Purdue University, this site lists math and computer science internships including REU.
- Telecom Careers Net: Job information and listings for those interested in the telecommunications industry.
- WISE: The Washington Internships for Students of Engineering program sends outstanding engineering students to spend ten weeks in D.C. to learn how government officials make decisions on technological issues.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM): The world’s largest educational and scientific computing society, delivering resources that advance computing as a science and a profession. Includes a job board.
- Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP): Offers professional development opportunities, networking and job connections. Student membership is available. You must be a member to access the job board.
- Foundation for Information Technology Education: Aims to promote professional development in the information-systems industry.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers: Organizes professional development opportunities, provides news and updates, career educational information and more. The website includes job boards, employer profiles and internships.
- NAMEPA: A national network of educators and representatives from industry, government and nonprofit organizations who share a common commitment to improving the recruitment and retention of African Americans, Hispanics and American Indians earning degrees in engineering. Offers scholarships, conferences and resources.
- National Science Foundation (NSF): An independent federal agency created "to promote the progress of science; to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare; to secure the national defense…"
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE): One of the largest student-run organizations in the country. The website offers job database and resume-posting service for members/
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE): SHPE is the Source for Quality Hispanic Engineers and Technical Talent providing professional development opportunities, and promoting academic excellence. The website offers scholarships to current students.
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE): Society of Women Engineers empowers women to succeed and advance in the field of engineering. The site includes resume posting service and job listings as well as scholarship opportunities. You must be a member to search jobs and post resume.