Environment & Sustainability
The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- All Ivy Environmental & Sustainable Development Career Fair: Annual event hosting organizations in the private, nonprofit and public sectors across a variety of industries associated with environmental and sustainable development.
- American Solar Energy Society: Job board introducing companies in the Green economy.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Wire: A digital media platform and the leading global source of corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainability news.
- Cyber-Sierra's Natural Resources Job Search: Variety of positions in conservation, natural resources and ecology.
- Earthworks-jobs: Job posting resource for opportunities in engineering, the sciences and related subjects.
- Echoing Green: Two-year fellowships for emerging social innovators.
- Environment America: Compilation of jobs with public interest research groups.
- Environment Career Guide: A wealth of knowledge regarding environment careers, the industries associated and job listing sites.
- Environmental Career Opportunities: Internship and job opportunities for engineering, environmental education, law and policy work, advocacy and renewable energy industries.
- Environmental Careers Organization: ECO's database of jobs allows you to search by industry, environmental categories, amount of travel required and years of work experience.
- Environmental Protection Agency: Internships are available in Washington , DC laboratories, and at regional EPA locations nationwide.
- Fund for Public Interest Research Jobs: Fund for the Public Interest posts jobs suitable for college graduates.
- Green Energy Career Guide: Information regarding renewable energy industries.
- Green Job Search: Job and internship search site with a variety of environmental positions.
- Sustainable Business: Environmental and sustainable job database.
- Treehugger: General job search site for renewables, conservation, and sustainability initiatives.
- U.S. Green Building Council: Career center with daily email notification option for those interested in energy in relation to buildings/structures.
- WiserEarth.org: Volunteer and internship opportunities focusing on non-governmental organizations (NGO's) and those that support their work.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Planning Association (APA): City and regional planning educational organization with mission of providing leadership regarding responsibly planning communities.
- Environmental & Engineering Geophysical Society: An applied scientific organization that promotes geophysics as it is applied to environmental and engineering problems.
- International Society of Sustainability Professionals (ISSP): Nonprofit, member-driven association with opportunities to share best practices and develop professionally.
- National Association of Environmental Professionals: Resource for networking, career research and gathering informational articles.
- National Environmental Education Foundation: Environmental learning organization geared towards improving the quality of lives and health of the planet.
- National Registry of Environmental Professionals (NREP): The largest U.S. non-governmental environmental accrediting organization with members including managers, technicians, and professionals in compliance with air, soil and water pollution regulations.
- Society of Environmental Journalists: Reporting on environment, energy, science, health and climate news.
- Student Conservation Association: Conservation corps with mission of protecting and restoring national parks, marine sanctuaries, cultural landmarks and community green spaces across the country.
- The International Ecotourism Society (ESTC): Created to unite conservation, communities and sustainable travel.
- Water Environment Federation (WEF): Nonprofit technical and educational organization with a mission to champion innovation, support clean and safe water worldwide and connect water professionals.