The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Woodrow Wilson School Scholars in the Nation's Service Initiative: Sets outstanding individuals on the path toward public service careers in the U.S. government.
- AvueCentral: Allows applicants to apply directly to its member agencies through one site.
- Governmentjobs.com: Site lists federal, state, county, city, nonprofits.
- HillZoo: Features classified job listing for Hill jobs as well as jobs in political consulting, law, and other firms.
- Intelligence Community Careers: Information for students from diverse disciplines about careers in intelligence in different government agencies and organizations.
- Roll Call: A resource for Capitol Hill news and information, which includes RCjobs.com, an interactive employment site.
- The Presidential Management Fellows Program: For graduate students who have an interest in the analysis and management of public policy programs and an internship experience in cabinet departments and other federal agencies.
- USA Jobs.gov: The official federal government job listing site. Information is also included about federal salary rates and benefits.
- U.S. Dept. of State undergraduate student programs: This site includes internship and post-graduate opportunities.
- U.S. House of Representatives: Employment opportunities site.
- White House Internship Program: Application site for undergraduate students and alumni with two years or less of experience.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Association for Political Consultants: Non-partisan organization of political professionals. Association membership consists of political consultants, media consultants, pollsters, campaign managers, corporate public affairs officers, professors, fundraisers, lobbyists, congressional staffers and vendors and is open to everyone associated with politics from the local level to the White House.
- Partnership for Public Service: Nonprofit, non-partisan organization that works to revitalize our federal government by inspiring a new generation to serve and by transforming the way government works.