The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- 411 Publishing: Production resources for film, TV, commercials, video and music-video production. Includes links to NYC411, LA411 and Variety411.
- Animation World Network: Animation industry news, jobs and internship postings.
- Backstage: Where performers can get information to succeed in the entertainment business. Includes career advice and casting information.
- EntertainmentCareers.net: Find internships in TV, Film, PR and more using this search engine.
- Entertainment Jobs & Internships: A range of opportunities in a variety of entertainment companies (studios, networks, agency, production, PR and more).
- Greenlight Jobs: A job posting aggregator offering up to date job listings across all platform.
- Mandy's Film and Television Directory: Online job board for opportunities from freelance to full time.
- MEOjobs: aggregates career opportunities in media, communications and the arts
- Motionographer: A source of inspiration for filmmakers, animators and designers.
- Production Hub: An online marketplace for broadcast TV, motion picture, pro video, live event, corporate and digital media production.
- Showbizjobs: The entertainment professionals network.
- Women in Film: Has an internship and a mentoring program.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences: World's preeminent movie-related organization of the most accomplished men & women working in cinema.
- American Film Institute (AFI): Provides leadership in film, television and digital media and is dedicated to initiatives that engage the past, the present and the future of the moving image arts.
- The Independent (AIVF): Information for independent, grassroots and activist media-makers, providing inspiration and information for their films and video projects, as well as creating connections to the larger independent media community.
- National Association of Broadcasters: Includes an index of TV and radio stations as well as information about internships in the field.
- Promax/BDA: International association for entertainment marketing professionals.
- Screen Actors Guild (SAG): SAG-AFTRA brings together the Screen Actors Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists.
- Writers Guild of America, East and Writers Guild of America: Labor unions composed of writers who contribute to everything from TV shows to new media.