The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- AAM Museum Careers: The American Alliance of Museum Job Board.
- Alliance of Artists Communities: Principal source of jobs and internships in the residency and arts administration fields.
- College Art Association (CAA): Presents programs and services for members at all stages in their careers.
- Income and Exhibition Opportunities for Artists: Dedicated to the worldwide distribution of information for artists and contemporary art institutions.
- Museum Employment Resource Center: Lists jobs and other information related to the museum, heritage management, and cultural resource communities.
- New York Foundation of the Arts (NYFA): The premiere source for jobs and internships in the arts, culture and museum industries nationwide.
- Professional Artist: Dedicated to providing independent visual artists from all backgrounds with the insights, encouragement and business strategies they need to make a living with their artwork.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Alliance of Artists Communities: Advocacy and support for artist residency programs.
- American Alliance of Museums (AAM): One organization that supports all museums. Through advocacy and excellence, the Alliance strengthens the museum community.
- College Art Association (CAA): An organization of those who by vocation or avocation are concerned about and/or committed to the practice of art, teaching, and research of and about the visual arts and humanities.
- National Endowment for the Arts: An independent federal agency supporting artists and arts organizations and bringing the arts to all Americans.