Graphic / Digital Design
The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Advertising Careers – Advertising Educational Foundation: An organization dedicated to enriching the understanding of advertising and its role in culture, society and the economy.
- Communication Arts Network: Trade journal for design and visual communications
- Coroflot: Design job board
- Creative Hotlist: Design job board
- Design Management Institute: Design job board
- Design Observer: An interdisciplinary journal of contemporary architecture, landscape and urbanism, with a particular focus on the public realm as both physical place and social ideal.
- Dexigner: The leading online portal for designers, architects, illustrators, engineers, artists, and creatives of all kinds.
- Gamasutra: Gaming industry job board
- Graphic Design Jobs and Leads: A blog that lists current jobs from Design Quote.
- Graphic Designer Career Information: Career information, school listings and free template downloads.
- Talent Zoo: Advertising, marketing, digital and media jobs
- The Art Career Project: “Put Your Creativity To Work: Becoming a Graphic Designer”
- “What is Graphic Design?” by AIGA: An article and short video on defining graphic design.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA): The oldest and largest professional membership organization for design
- Graphic Artists Guild Foundation: Helps members build successful careers by equipping them with the skills and support needed to compete more effectively in an ever-changing field.
- Graphic Arts Association: The only regional trade association for the printing industry serving Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey and Delaware.
- Industrial Designers Society of America: The voice of the industrial design profession, advancing the quality and positive impact of design.
- International Graphic Arts Education Association, Inc.: An association of educators in partnership with industry, dedicated to sharing theories, principles, techniques and processes relating to graphic communications and imaging technology.
- Society of Publication Designers: An organization dedicated to promoting and encouraging excellence in editorial design.
- The Society of Illustrators: An organization that promotes the art of illustration, appreciates its history and evolving nature through exhibitions, lectures and education, and contributes the service of its members to the welfare of the community at large.