The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- HospitalLink.com: State-by-state links hospitals that have websites. Search each site for job listings that are often not listed anywhere else online.
- Natl. Inst. of Health: A comprehensive site containing information on the organizations that make up the NIH as well as career opportunities for students and others.
- National Institute of Health Careers in Health Care & Medicine: Information about diverse career paths in health care fields.
- Plunkett Research: Provides an overview of the health industry, with emerging trends and statistics.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: The government's principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Health Care Association: An organization of affiliate state health organizations, together representing more than 11,000 nonprofit and for-profit nursing, assisted living, developmentally disabled and subacute care providers.
- American Public Health Association: The oldest and most diverse organization of public health professionals in the world.