Human Resources & Organizational Development
The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Free Management Library: An article about what it's like to work in human resources.
- HR.Com Career Network: Search for careers in HR.
- HR.com. The Human Resources Social Network: Meet, network, share and learn from over 200,000 of your peers.
- Human Relations Journal: An international peer reviewed journal, which publishes original research to advance our understanding of social relationships at and around work.
- Nonprofit-specific Human Resource Management: An article with links to resources about nonprofit-specific HR management.
- SHRM's HR Jobs: A job board from the Society of Human Resource Management.
- The Industrial-Organizational Psychologist Journal: The official quarterly news publication of the Society for Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- Workforce.com: A multimedia publication that covers the intersection of people management and business strategy.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Academy of Management: A professional organization that thrives on member-driven efforts to further the scholarship of management across many categories.
- ASTD (American Society of Training and Development): Dedicated to the training and development profession.
- Human Systems Dynamics Institute: Explores how lessons from complexity and chaos theory can inform innovative practice and theory in human systems.
- Institute of Organization Development: Dedicated to promoting the field of Organization Development and the professional growth of OD professionals.
- Mediation Training Institute International: Provider of training and certification in the core competencies for managing workplace conflict.
- Organization Development (OD) Network: An international, professional association whose members are committed to practicing organization development intentionally and rigorously as an applied behavioral science.
- Professional and Organizational Development Network in Higher Education (POD): Devoted to improving teaching and learning in higher education.
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Inc.: Membership organization for those practicing and teaching I-O psychology.
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM): Association devoted to human resource management.
- The Conference Board: A global, independent business membership and research association working in the public interest.