The resources below are a combination of both general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- The Ohio Institute: Careers in Insurance: Learn about the different career paths available within this industry to include underwriting and analysis.
- Vault Guide to the Top Insurance Employers: Get the inside scoop on the most important insurance companies, with company overviews, recent company news, info on the hiring process, and more. To view the guide, simply create an account by following the link below.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America: A national alliance of more than a quarter million business owners and their employees who offer all types of insurance and financial services products.
- Property Casualty Insurers Association of America: Premier property casualty trade association, representing more than 1,000 member companies.
- Risk and Insurance Management Society: International organization of professionals engaged in risk management, insurance and employee benefits consulting.