The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Econ-jobs: More than 160,000 economists use Econ-Jobs.com to drive their economist job search in academia, government and the private sector.
- FINS: Provides industry specific job boards for finance professionals along with current news with relevant career advice.
- Jobs in Finance: Job search engine that finds job and internship listings from company career pages, other job boards, newspapers and associations.
- Onewire: Job search engine with Finance internships and job opportunity postings.
- Vault Career Guides: Learn all about what a career in the investment management sector entails by reviewing these Vault insider guides: Vault Career Guide to Investment Banking, Vault Guide to the Top 50 Financial Employers, Vault Guide to the Top 25 Investment Management Employers, and the Vault Guide to Advanced Finance and Qualitative Interviews. Career Services provides students with access to Vault Career Library free of charge.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- CFA Institute: The certifying organization for Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA), and the largest global association of investment professionals.
- Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP): Focused on financial risk testing and certification programs, and educational and training activities.
- Investment Adviser Association (IAA): A nonprofit organization that exclusively represents the interests of SEC-registered investment adviser firms.
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA): Brings together the shared interests of hundreds of securities firms, banks and asset managers.