The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- AAM Museum Careers: The American Alliance of Museum Job Board.
- College Art Association (CAA): Presents programs and services for members at all stages in their careers.
- Museum Employment Resource Center: Lists jobs and other information related to the museum, heritage management and cultural-resource communities.
- New York Foundation of the Arts (NYFA): A source for jobs and internships in the arts, culture and museum industries.
- PreserveNet: Internships in preservation, architecture, education and museums.
- Smithsonian Fellowships & Internships: Insight on the range of opportunities available with the institution.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Alliance of Museums (AAM): Through advocacy and excellence, the Alliance strengthens the museum community.
- College Art Association (CAA): An organization of those who are concerned about and/or committed to the practice of art, teaching and research of and about the visual arts and humanities.
- National Endowment for the Arts: An independent federal agency supporting artists and arts organizations and bringing the arts to all Americans.
- National Trust for Historic Preservation: A national organization to provide support and encouragement for grassroots preservation.