Music & Recording
The resources below are a combination of both general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Entertainment Jobs & Internships: Opportunities in a variety of entertainment based companies (studios, networks, agency, production, PR and more).
- Mandy's Film and Television Directory: An online job board for a variety of opportunities from freelance to full-time.
- Musical Chairs: A classical music jobs board.
- MyMusicJob: Find a variety of opportunities in the music field.
- Production Hub: An online marketplace for broadcast TV, motion picture, pro video, live event, corporate and digital media production.
- Showbizjobs: The entertainment professionals network.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Cinema Audio Society: Members include mixers who work on feature films, television and commercials, as well as those who specialize in music scoring, video post sweetening, A.D.R. and foley. Associate members include sound specialists, such as sound editors, technicians, recordists, and microphone boom operators.
- Music Teachers National Association: Advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music.
- National Association for Music Education (NafME): Addresses all aspects of music education.
- National Association of Record Industry Professionals (NARIP): Brings together the global record and music industries.