Nanotechnology / Materials
The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- American Academy for Advancement of Science: A resource list of AAAS career development programs.
- Engineering Jobs: Materials: A broad starting-point for career opportunities for engineers interested in materials science.
- Foresight Institute's page on careers in nanotechnology
- Glassdoor.com: Materials Science Job Listings through Glassdoor.
- Indeed.com: Materials Science Job Listings through Indeed.
- MaterialsJobs.com: Materials related employment.
- Micro and Nanotechnologies Innovation Campus (MINATEC): A technology center in Grenoble, France. MINATEC research areas include materials and integration processing, photonics, microelectromechanical systems and sensors, molecular electronics, nanocharacterization, nanoelectronics and spintronics.
- Nanoindustries.com: An extensive list of companies who provide jobs in the Nanotech field.
- Nanotech-jobs.com: Job listings, videos, upcoming conferences and more.
- Nanowerk: A specialized news portal focusing on nanotechnology information, including new research, recent publications, company profiles, job listings and events. The daily "Nanowerk Spotlight" feature article examines recent research findings.
- National Science Foundation REU Sites: Several sites focus on research in materials science and related areas, including condensed matter physics, materials chemistry and physics, and materials engineering.
- Pathways to Science: To find programs such as undergraduate summer research opportunities, graduate fellowships, postdoctoral positions, as well as resources and materials pertaining to recruitment, retention, and mentoring
- Physorg, Nanotechnology News: An online news service for the sciences. The site collects news from government, academic and industry sources. The nanotechnology section is divided into four sections: Nanotechnology (general news), Bio & Medicine, Nanophysics and Nanomaterials.
- SimplyHired.com: Materials Science Job Listings through SimplyHired.
- The Materials, Metals and Materials Society Job Board: Resources for job seekers and employers.
- TinyTechJobs.com: Career website for jobs in nanotechnology, biotechnology and IT.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office: Jobs listings with the USPTO.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Chemical Society (ACS) Nanotation: Designed to serve as an online community for nanotechnology researchers and students. The site features ACS journal articles on nanotechnology, career resources, events and reviews of recent nanoscience findings.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Nanotechnology Institute: Governed by the ASME NanoEngineering Council, ASME serves as an information clearinghouse for ASME programs and activities in nanotechnology research and development. Find information on upcoming events, current news and job postings.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Nanotechnology Council: A virtual work environment to facilitate collaboration in nanotechnology research.
- Institute of Physics (IOP) Nanotechweb.org: A portal for nanotechnology news, events, product information and jobs.
- Materials Research Society: Job listings, plus events, publications and more.
- National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI): Part of ASME, the group welcomes student involvement.