The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Careers in Operations Management: Overview including skills and talent required, job options, salary information and trends.
- Careers in Supply Chain Management: An overview of careers in supply-chain management, industry news and job postings.
- Jobs in Manufacturing: Search manufacturing jobs from over 6,000 employers and post your resume. Opportunities include product planning, purchasing, transportation, engineering, logistics, warehousing and beyond.
- Manufacturing Career Guide: Manufacturing job descriptions, including information such as daily activities, skill requirements, salary and training.
- Operations Research Analysts: Occupational information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- thingamajob.com: Lists jobs by category and state.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA): Represents and serves manufacturers of motor vehicle components and systems for the original equipment (OE) and aftermarket segments of the light vehicle and heavy duty industries. Site includes job listings.
- National Association of Manufacturers (NAM): Advocates on behalf of its members to enhance the competitiveness of manufacturers.
- The Association for Manufacturing Excellence (AME): Dedicated to helping organizations with continuous improvement and their pursuit of excellence.
- The Association for Operations Management (APICS): Provides supply chain and operations management professionals with standards, certification, education, training and community.
- The Council of Supply Chain Mgmt. Professionals (CSCMP): Conducts research, organizes conferences and training and offers employment information.
- The Institute for Supply Management (ISM): Provides conferences, training, networking opportunities as well as career resources.