The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- ArtSearch: Full-time or part-time, seasonal or year round, paid or volunteer. Subscription needed.
- Backstage: Information on succeeding in the entertainment business, career advice and casting information.
- Broadway World: Find equity, nonequity and classified postings.
- DanceUSA: Jobs, auditions and fellowships in the dance field.
- Entertainment Jobs & Internships: Opportunities in a variety of entertainment-based companies.
- Playbill: Casting and job listings in the theatre world.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association brings together those with similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources. Their sites may also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors and network.
- DanceUSA: Sustains and advances professional dance by addressing the needs, concerns and interests of artists, administrators and organizations.
- North American Performing Arts Managers and Artists (NAPAMA): Dedicated to promoting the professionalism of its members and the vitality of the performing arts.
- Screen Actors Guild (SAG): SAG-AFTRA brings together the Screen Actors Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists.
- The Broadway League: Works to increase interest in commercial theatre throughout North America, strives to foster a sense of community among all members.
- Theatre Communications Group (TCG): Founded to foster communication among professional, community and university theatres.