The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Creative Hot List: A dedicated career resource for creative professionals in visual communications: Individuals can post resumes, job-wanted listings and online portfolios.
- Idealist: Connects people, organizations and resources to help build a world where all people can live free and dignified lives. Use keyword search such as photography or photojournalism.
- Mediabistro: Leading provider of jobs, news, education, events, and research for the media industry.
- Photographer's Index: Original internet directory of photographers worldwide.
- Viisual: A resource for art directors, creative directors, photo editors, art buyers, graphic designers, corporations and other creative professionals.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Society of Media Photographers: A trade association of professional publication photographers.
- American Society of Picture Professionals: A large community of image experts committed to sharing experience and knowledge throughout the visual arts.
- National Press Photographers Association (NPPA): Advocating for the work of visual journalists.