The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Allied Health Jobs.com: Listings include those for occupational and physical therapists, radiology technicians and speech-language pathologists.
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA): Career Development: Resources to support physical therapists throughout their careers.
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Job Bank: Listings promoted by APTA.
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA): "Who are Physical Therapists?": Industry insight from APTA.
- ExploreHealthCareers.org: An overview of the field for aspiring physical therapists and physical therapy assistants.
- HealthcareSource: Job listings by hospital or facility.
- HealtheCareers Network: nursing and medical job and internship listings, articles on self-assessment and career strategy.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Physical Therapists: A summary of the field from the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Therapy Jobs: Lists thousands of jobs for therapists.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA): Provides resources and education for physical therapists.