The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Becoming a Physician Assistant: A look at the field from the American Academy of Physician Assistants.
- Explore Health Careers.org: Physician Assistants: A look the field and its requirements.
- HealthcareSource: With over 37,000 unique jobs and hundreds of new postings daily, search by state or facility.
- Health eCareers Network: Nearly 30,000 health care jobs from across the USA, Canada and overseas, with articles on self-assessment and career strategy.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Physician Assistants: A look at the field.
- PA Job Link: From the American Academy of Physician Assistants.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.