The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Coroloft: Job listings for creative professionals.
- Designer Today: Jobs listings.
- Indeed: Job postings.
- Industrial Design Society of America (IDSA): Jobs board.
- IndustrialDesignJobs: Job postings.
- Krop: Design, creative and tech jobs, plus a portfolio tool.
- ProductDesignHub: Job and internship postings for industrial designers.
- “What is industrial design?”: An Industrial Designers Society of America article about industrial design.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Design Management Institute: Promotes the importance of design to business success. Find conferences, a journal, a newsletter and more.
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society: Students section including a guide for preparing for a related career.
- Industrial Design Society of America (IDSA): The voice of the industrial design profession, advancing the quality and positive impact of design.
- International Council of Societies of Industrial Design (ICSID): A world body of national and international professional, promotional and educational institutions.
- Product Development and Management Association (PDMA): Global advocate for product development and management professionals.
- Usability Professionals’ Association (UXPA): UXPA members come from many different backgrounds, sharing the common interest of creating products that meet the needs of the people who work or play with them.