Psychology, Psychiatry & Mental Health
The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- American Counseling Association (ACA) Career Page: Explore career advice and job listings.
- American Counseling Association (ACA) Knowledge Center: A resource focused on trends in the field.
- American Psychoanalytic Association: Pathways to becoming a Clinical Psychoanalyst: Discusses various education options.
- Careers in Psychology from the American Psychological Association (APA).
- GradPSYCH: publication for psychology graduate students from the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Health eCareers Network: Explore online job listings.
- Monitor on Psychology: publication from the American Psychological Association (APA).
- National Institutes of Mental Health (NIMH): Information on grants, continuing education and more.
- PsycCareers: American Psychological Association (APA)’s Career Center.
- The American Psychoanalyst: Quarterly magazine from the American Psychoanalytic Association (APSAA).
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Counseling Association (ACA): Explore policy, review industry publications, find career opportunities and more.
- American Psychiatric Association: An advocacy organization for more than 33,000 global members.
- American Psychoanalytic Association (APSAA): Learn about the field, explore fellowships and read the latest industry research.
- American Psychological Association: Includes career development and job search resources.
- Association for Behavioral Health and Wellness (ABHW): Find publications and perspectives from the field.