The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Careers in Quantitative Finance Add Up from Monster.com: Insight on the field from an industry expert.
- Quant Finance Jobs: A job board for quantitative finance, financial engineering and risk management.
- Quantnet.com: Education resource for financial engineering, featuring career guide, interviews with famous quants and more.
- Quantnet.com: How to Get a Quant Job: Advice from Wall Street execs.
- “Quants: The Rocket Scientists of Wall Street”: A look at the field from Investopedia.
- QUANTster.com: Job listings in quant.
- Stackexchange.com: A question and answer site for quantitative finance.
- Wilmott.com: famed mainly for its forums, one of the main places where quants talk online.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- CQA: Chicago Quantitative Alliance: A professional organization for quantitative investment practitioners.
- International Association for Quantitative Finance: Dedicated to fostering the profession of quantitative finance.
- London Quant Group: Supports the discussion of practical, quantitative investment ideas.
- Professional Risk Managers Industry Association (PRMIA): Includes nearly 90,000 members worldwide.
- Society of Quantitative Analysis: Education and communication to support members of the quantitative investment practitioner community.