The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Esri: A GIS company with a blog about issues in GIS.
- Geojobs.org: A job board.
- GeoSearch: Personnel recruitment services in Geospatial Sciences, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Recruitment, Global Positioning Systems (GPS), Photogrammetry, and many other related sciences.
- GIS Careers: Job advertisements and resumes for Geographic Information Systems and Geography related positions.
- GISjobs.com: A job board with industry resources.
- GIS Lounge: A blog post with a list of GIS job search sites.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Association of American Geographers: An organization whose mission is to foster and maintain interaction, cooperation and community among individuals interested in the analysis of geo-referenced data, modeling of spatio-temporal processes and the use of analytical and computational techniques in solving geographic problems.
- Geospatial Information & Technology Association: The professional association and leading advocate for anyone using geospatial technology to help operate, maintain, and protect the infrastructure, which includes organizations such as utilities, telecommunication companies, and the public sector.
- International Association for Mathematical Geosciences: An organization whose mission is to promote, worldwide, the advancement of mathematics, statistics and informatics in the Geosciences.