The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine: Pathways to a Career in Sports Medicine: Details the various paths an individual can take to become involved in sports medicine.
- American Sports Medicine Institute: Seeks to improve the understanding, prevention and treatment of sports-related injuries through research and education.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine (AAPSM): Seeks to prevent lower extremity sports and fitness injuries.
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM): Includes 90,000 members worldwide.
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM): A multi-disciplinary organization of sports medicine physicians.
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine: An international organization of orthopaedic surgeons and other allied health professionals.
- Association for Applied Sport Psychology: Promotes the development of science and ethical practice in the field of sport psychology.
- National Academy of Sports Medicine: Offers accreditation for personal trainers.