Sports / Recreation / Hospitality
The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Athleticlink: Professional services for the athletic community including jobs, resumes, camps, clinics/seminars and open competition dates.
- Major League Baseball Internships: Also has links to all the team sites to search for internships with each team.
- NBA Jobs & Internships: Information about NBA careers.
- NBA Team Internships: Opportunities with the NBA, WNBA and Developmental League.
- National Hocky League Internships: Can also search by team name to find internships with each team.
- NCAA: Job opportunities for student athletes and individuals in college coaching and athletic administration.
- NFL Team Internships
- Sports Careers: Subscription service listing internships and full-time positions in the sports industry.
- TeamWork Online: Links to client recruiting systems, and search functions according to sport, location, job title, team name, level of position and functional area.
- Cool Works: Positions in recreation and hospitality organized by category, state, and season.
- National Recreation and Parks Association: This career center posts positions in a variety of areas of recreation including finance, programs and management.
- Outdoor Jobs: Variety of positions in outdoor recreation industry.
- Recreation & Parks Jobs: Positions in aquatics, athletic facilities, cruise ships, government, outdoor recreation, ski resorts and many more.
- HCareersCampus: Database of jobs in hospitality organized by industry with option to create a search agent or 'job detective' for daily emails of positions.
- Hospitality Net: Global information about management, brands, performance, columns with information about trends and best practices in the industry, and much more.
- Hospitality Online: Positions in hotels, restaurants, casinos and the club industry.
- Hotel Online: Professional opportunities specifically in the hotel and resort industry.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Association for Applied Sport Psychology: Certifying organization supporting the study and practice of sport, exercise, and health psychology.
- Association for Women in Sports Media: Nonprofit organization acting as a support, advocate and network for women in sports writing, editing, broadcast and production, and public and media relations.
- National Athletic Trainers Association: Posts jobs and information for students, including salary survey for athletic trainers and health care professionals who collaborate with physicians.
- Sports Lawyers Association: Provides a forum for discussion and disseminates information about areas of sports law.
- Women in Sports and Events: Leading voice for women in sports and events with company and job/internship board.
- International Association of Amusement Parks and Attraction: AAPA is dedicated to the preservation and prosperity of the amusement industry.
- International Association of Assembly Managers: Represents managers and senior executives of convention centers, arenas, stadiums and amphitheaters.
- International Festivals and Events Association: Organization for those who produce and support quality celebrations.
- International Special Events Society: With a mission to educate, advance and promote the special events industry.
- National Recreation and Park Association: Dedicated to the advancement of public parks, recreation and conservation.
- American Hotel and Lodging Association: National organization dedicated to serving the interests of hoteliers on the front line, behind the scenes and on Capitol Hill.
- Destination Marketing International Association: Global trade association including convention and visitor bureaus, regional tourism boards, state tourism offices and provincial tourism offices and national tourism boards.
- International Facility Management Association: Produces World Workplace, the world's largest facility management conference and exposition and manages a social media presence.
- Meeting Professionals International: The premier global association community for meeting and event professionals.
- Professional Convention Management Association: Created to promote the value of professional convention management and deliver innovative education regarding this field.
- Women in Hospitality: Network of professionals and educational information regarding women in the hospitality field.